Meet Joel Sim
Mr Finance Savvy • Professional Trader • Trainer • Author
During the Global Financial Crisis in 2008, I discovered that many of my friends who were working as managers and directors at the peak of their careers were retrenched and left stranded with financial responsibilities.
They had a career switch to low-level paying jobs not because they wanted to, but they were not given a choice. This led me to realize that the idea of a “stable” job and the conventional pursuit of a “successful” career no longer holds true.
This experience has shown that corporate achievements are not merely measured based on the number of hours we worked, or the amount of effort put in. It is not an indication of job stability – even more so in an economic crisis. This led me to seek breakthroughs that do not require a trade-off between time and financial security.
Mastering Passion as a Skill Set
I developed a strong passion and desire for financial literacy. I attended countless courses, learnt multiple trading and investing systems, and read a myriad of books, ranging from personal financial mastery to areas in investing and professional trading.
When I joined Phillip Securities in the beginning of 2009, I was widely-known as the “youngest” Financial Advisory Consultant and embarked to be a Trading Representative. In 2009, the stock market crash filled traders and investors with fear and jitters. The harsh economic slump left many individuals jobless with financial obligations and investors fearing to take action. Subsequently, it was followed by a huge rally in mid-2009 to 2010. Through the different market cycles, I have developed my own financial strategies and have consistently profited in various market conditions.
Moving forward, I have mentored numerous clients to accelerate their learning curve.
Through online training programmes and seminars, I have reached countless of people from all walks of life:
- Invited to speak at major events such as Women in Finance Conference, Investor Exchange, Invest Carnival and SGX Sector Connect on trading and investing strategies.
- Awarded the "Top CFD Specialist" in 2014 and is on PhillipCFD website as a mentor. I am part of the elite team of 17 coaches in PhillipCFD.
- Certified as a CFD (Contracts for Difference) and ETF (Exchange Traded Funds) specialist in 2013.
- As a renowned speaker, I am regularly featured on 938 Live radio station.
- Member of high IQ society MENSA.